Making the decision to build your family through domestic private adoption is not for the faint of heart. The process is long, stressful, complicated, and can be very expensive. However, if you are willing to ride the roller coaster, it can be the most joyous and beautiful decision you ever make.
Families come to the decision to pursue private adoption for many different reasons. Some of the things to consider when deciding if private adoption is the right option for your family are:
- Cost: private adoption usually ranges from $15,000.00 – $50,000.00, depending on many variables.
- All adoptions require an approved Home Study prior to any placement.
- You will have little or no control over any aspect of your adoption process. You are at the mercy of birth parents and the legal system.
- The average time from start to finish for one (1) adoption is 24 months.
- There are NEVER any guarantees in adoption. As hard as our agency tries to make every situation perfect, there are always situations that are out of our control and can cause a disrupted match and/or placement.
- Respect and love towards all birth parents is a necessity. Without our birth parents we wouldn’t have adoption!
If you would like to know more about the private adoption process, please call or text (502)370-5055 and we’ll be happy to answer any questions you have.