All private adoptions require all prospective adoptive parents and their homes to be Home Study approved before you can receive a match/placement. Please inquire with our agency for a specific list of all Home Study requirements. Some of the highlights include:
- Passing of four (4) separate background checks-state and federal.
- Minimum age requirement of 25 years old.
- Must have enough steady income for the past three (3) years that your monthly expenses do not exceed your monthly income.
- Must have a clean, adequate home that meets the safety requirements of the state.
- Must have non-state paid health insurance that you can add a child to.
In addition to an approved Home Study, you will be required to pay the legal fees for up to four (4) separate attorneys, i.e. birth mom, birth father (if involved), guardian and item for the child, your attorney. You may also be asked to pay birth parent expenses, the amount of which will be discussed prior to you being matched with a potential birth parent and will vary depending on the situation.